Thursday, August 19, 2010

THURSDAY’S THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK

Have you ever seen a cat stalk a piece of string? Ever watch a puppy play
with his favorite toy? Have you ever wondered what was going through their
minds at that particular moment that made them act that way? I sometimes
ask that question to myself about my sons.
I also sometimes think about a whitetail’s frame of mind.
Now I know that animals are not capable of conscious thought and that they
can not feel emotions as we do. I do, however, feel that animals have a
form of “awareness” that fluctuates through varying levels.
After a night of feeding and carousing, is a whitetail less aware of its
surroundings as it heads back to its bedding area based simply on the fact
that it “wants” to call it a night?
Is a whitetail in a better “mood” and more alert on a bright sunny day and
less alert on a wet and overcast day?
Do they get “bored” and perhaps bed down overlooking a highway in order to
pass the time watching traffic?
Here’s my THOUGHT OF THE WEEK…..Can we use these “forms of awareness” to
our advantage as hunters?

Go to www.allarchery.blogspot.com for more of Todd's stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment