Saturday, March 28, 2009

Practice

Only one week left before the Pennsylvania State Archery Association's state tournament on April 4 and 5, 2009 in Harrisburg, PA. While my shooting hasn't been up to how I'd like it, I continue to work on my shooting form. Recently, I've had problems with keeping my arrows on target. I discovered last week that my anchor point has been floating around. After experimenting, I think I've fixed it. In order to keep my anchor point exactly where I want it, I've started touching the string to the side of my chin at full draw while keeping my release hand tight against my face. This has given me a firmer anchor point and I'm now hitting about 80% of my shots in the 10-ring. I'll have another "Archery Tip of the Week" next week, a few more blogs, and I'll give an update on how my son (who took 1st place in 2008 in the Cadet division) and I do at States.

No comments:

Post a Comment